The Laboratory department is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our team of interesting and hard-working lab employees. This position will mainly focus on performing quality laboratory testing and interpreting results and is responsible for constant monitoring of quality control procedures in the lab. He/she is responsible for the maintenance of a fully operational laboratory environment that will permit rapid, reliable laboratory results which will contribute to a safe environment for the patient and a high standard of quality care. Mammoth Hospital fosters a supportive professional environment for our employees while allowing them the work-life balance to enjoy living in the Eastern Sierra.
What You'll Do:
- Performs testing in chemical, microscopic, microbiological, blood bank, hematological and serological to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for the accurate examination and analysis of the testing done in the lab.
- Maintains proficiency in the collection of venous phlebotomy procedures.
- Participates in the routine operation of equipment and instrumentation.
Who You Are:
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Exhibits extremely high standards of quality
- A constant learner as well as a teacher
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a graduate of an accredited School of Medical Technology.
- Must possess a current State of California Clinical Laboratory Technologist License and be an American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) Registrant.
- Two years of Medical Technology experience preferred.
- Highly competitive salary range.
- Full-time, varied shifts.
An equal opportunity employer.